1. Rowan went to visit her Grandparents for the weekend. All last week I was looking forward to the down time we would have with just one little one at the house. Isn’t it funny though, that as soon as they are gone (or fallen asleep) you are dying to see them again? I missed her so much all weekend. I did get to sit and actually watch Hart of Dixie in the middle of the day on Saturday and that was AWESOME, but I don’t like being away from my kids. It’s so hard. Yet awesome. Yet so hard. Yet so awesome. Anyone else? Awesome probably isn’t the best word. It’s not awesome to be away from them. It’s just a nice break from time to time.
2. Kev had corrective eye surgery on Friday. It went very well. He is already seeing 20/20. Isn’t that crazy? The whole procedure is like 2 mins and then you can see. Man. I should totally get it done. I am blind as a bat. Anyway. Finley and I waited out in the waiting room for about 2 hours for him. I don’t know why but it made me really nervous. I know that it was something pretty routine and it was elective but still. It was really the first time that I’ve ever had to wait for something like that. We have been blessed with health thus far in our marriage and with our families. I can’t imagine having to wait for a surgeon over something very serious. My heart breaks for parents, spouses or families in those situations. I felt like I was going to burst out in tears when the doctor came to tell me he was doing good and would be out soon.
3. OK. This is embarrassing. I have loved that stupid Miley Cyrus song (although the video makes me feel very old- I don’t get it) since I first heard it during the summer. I kept hearing people talking about it’s drug references. I thought, Sure! They must be in there, she is talking about partying. Then last week, I heard it on the radio and they were bleeping out part of the chorus. It was a weird part to block to me, all she was saying was “dancing with Miley”. haha. Oh I am so naive. A friend told me she was saying “molly” and that Molly was the drug reference. I don’t even know what drug that is referring to. Whoops. Also I don’t know what twerking is and I refuse to look it up.
4. You know what 2 songs are the best pump up jams for running? Brave by Sara Bareilles and Roar by Katy Perry. Totally helped me get through one of the most terrible 16.5 miles runs ever yesterday. I was the crazy person half crying, half running, belting out the words by myself on the side of the road. What are your favorite songs to workout to?
5. Have you guys tried Stitch Fix before (pictured above)? It’s super fun and awesome for Mom’s who don’t have time to go shopping for themselves. You fill out a style profile and can even link to a pinterest style board to share your style. Their stylists will then send you a box of 5 hand picked items for you to try on. Keep what you like, send back (for free) what you don’t. You can set up a recurring monthly fix if you want. So fun! (This is not a sponsored plug. I just like using them)
6. As Finley gets older it’s so much fun to see her and Rowan play together. She is finally at an age where she can interact with her on her own. The other day they sat together in the morning sun and played with some toys for like 20 mins. I just watched from afar as I got to drink some hot tea. It was so cute. Oh man. I am so glad they have each other.
6.5 Kev looks like a ghost buster blowing leaves.
I only have one baby boy, but I remembering feeling that it was AWESOME (yet hard) when he started sleeping through the night. My sister had framed a picture of him for me and put it on my night stand before we even got home from the hospital with him, and I didn’t appreciate the pic until he started sleeping through the night in his own room. Wrote about it here…
Also, Stitch Fix sounds great! Thanks for the rec!
I normally love Stitch Fix (been getting them for 2 years) but lately the quality has gone way down in my fixes 🙁 Hoping it’s just a byproduct of a busy season, but I love the two prints in your box!! They’d probably think I was crazy if I requested “the heart fabric blogger Jen got” in my next fix, right? (….. right?)
Being away from kids: I hate to say it…. it’s mostly awesome. BUT I say this as a full time stay at home mom that never travels and very rarely spends time apart from one or both kids. So, when it does happen, it really refreshes me and I try to treasure it instead of feeling bad/guilty.
Ha. I feel super old because I’m pretty sure I’ve never even HEARD that Miley Cyrus song. And I did look up twerking and wished I hadn’t. 😉
So glad to hear other people sing along to songs when they’re running in public!
Love those songs from Sara B & Katy P. Don’t know the Miley Cyrus one. Too old I suppose. Hahaha. The girls are adorable…just wait for all the free time you’ll get once Finnley is Rowans age. Tear…
I totally agree about the awesome/hate relationship with space from the kiddos. It’s the same feeling I had when my daughter was really little: all I wanted was for her to go to sleep and then as soon as she was, i wished she were up.
Random question: where did you get the rug (below Finley’s crib in the first picture)? I’ve been looking for that same color palate!
love the leaf art project! did you crinkle them and then paint?
The longest I’ve sent away from my little one was 4 hours I think. She’s 16 months now. I don’t feel that pang after a couple of hours but I bet I would definitely feel it if it were overnight. That first picture is too cute by the way 🙂
Booty Wurk by T-Pain. I am not kidding.
Chris will show you how to twerk the next time we get together (which should be soon).
Molly is another term for ecstasy. I had to ask my siblings about that one. And twerking is gross. But I also unfortunately love her new song Wrecking Ball and that music video is beyond inappropriate. *sigh* I’m old too! Haha
That first pic kills me!
And yeah…the dancing with Molly thing…took me a bit too.
I fear for my kids…ha!
P.S. So glad surgery went okay for your husband!
I second the request for more detail on the leaf project- it looks amazing and I’d love to try it with my kiddo who is rowan’s age. thanks!
Ooooh my, that ballet picture is too sweet for words. I can’t wait for my daughter to start ballet classes. We tried bringing her this year, but she was NOT having it. So we will try again another year !
Was just curious the brand of Kev’s Vest? My husband would love something similar under the tree this year 🙂