What?!? Look who’s blogging again. Yep, this girl. Look at me go. Aren’t you proud? I just can’t quit you and especially outfit posts. They’re where I started and it’s just so deeply ingrained in my blogging mind. I laugh at myself though over the stupid outfits and locations we would go to for pictures. Don’t worry, there is totally a WTF (or maybe WTHeck, sorry Mom) post coming soon. We’ll all be able to bask in the ridiculousness of the outfits I used to put together. I love it though! It’s so funny. At least today, this is legit what I was wearing. And I am for sure taking the pictures in my house because it’s freakin’ freezing out and I am too old to care about taking them outside on a street corner with a cute bag with flowers in them. Let’s just all look at this picture and shake our heads at poor, young, cold Jen from yesteryear (it was literally negative numbers in this picture. I remember because I was FREEEEEEZING!!) Bahahahhah! Oh blogging, you’re so funny!
The Chronological Archive
Select the month / year which you'd like to search
We’d been having a pretty mild winter as far as snow goes, then the winter decided to pick it up and dump allllllllllll the snow in like a 4 day span. It’s been snowing nonstop since 9am this morning. Which has piled up on the already 15+ inches that were on the ground from the other day. And to think we almost pulled the trigger on a vacation to Puerto Rico the other day. GET ME OUT OF HERE!!! Can you tell the seasonal depression has set in? hahahaha. jk. but seriously, winter is the worst. I am good up through Christmas, but then it’s all down hill from there. Anyway, I am trying my best. Everyday we get the whole gang bundled up and we try to have some fun outside. Orion has become obsessed with the snowblower. It rocks his 15 month world! What a cutie.
Anyway, how’s life guys? I’ve been struggling hard with what to do with this blog. Aren’t we all? What is blogging now a days? It all feels so different, yet so weirdly the same. A few friends have dusted off their blogs lately and it’s been fun to read again. Sometimes I want to do the same and other times I feel like I am ok with it being totally over. Who knows. I think I would at least like to have a little more fun with it. Take the pressure off. Write random things, while sitting in bed and watching the bachelor kind of fun. I don’t really have the time to make it all shiny and fancy anymore. Sometimes maybe but not all the time. Are you cool with that? Let’s end with 5 random thoughts by Jen…
1. I am totally a coffee drinker now. Like hardcore. Send help
2. Orion has stopped calling me “mama” now it’s just full on “mom”. He says with with such force too and so demanding. It cracks me up but weirdly makes me feel like he’s 16 yrs. Can I have my baby back?
3. I’ve been a vegetarian for almost 10 years but I think I am going to make the switch to vegan (well, i prefer to say whole food/plant based) I really only eat eggs now and then. Trying to decide if I’m going to take the whole family with me or not.
4. Yoga, Yoga, Yoga. I’ve become obsessed with yoga. Seriously looking into a teacher training in Thailand in June.
5. You know what drives me crazy? Shower heads that have the water come out in a circle shape and no water that comes from the center. Do you know what I mean? It’s so annoying. Hahahahah! You look up to rinse soap off and it’s like water spraying down all around except the one place you want the water to hit. We don’t have a shower head like that, but my parent’s shower is and a handful of other ones I’ve been in lately and I just want to say whhhhhhhhhhy?
So! There you go. Random thoughts, while sitting in bed and watching the bachelor.
There are plenty more where that came from. Don’t you worry.
And I just have to say Corrine? Really? Come on now.
Sweet dreams everyone!
Snow Outfit Details:
Jen’s Northface Coat: c/o Marshalls
Jen’s Volcom Snowpants: Backcountry
Jen’s boots: Sorel
Rowan’s Columbia coat: Backcountry
Rowan’s boots: Sorel
Finley’s Juxt Ski Coat: Backcountry