When we started homeschooling this year, I knew our library needed a good jump start. I went on a hunt for all the beautifully illustrated, full of information, awesome kid books. I wanted to fill our school room with books that sparked their interest and imagination. I wanted to have books there and ready when they asked questions about all the different things we would be learning. Oh man, there are sooooo many wonderful books out there!! My amazon cart is always full with new ones but here are our top favorites so far this year. If you have any in your own collection that aren’t on this list, please let us know! I would love to keep adding more!
1.Smart About Sharks by Flying Eye Books
2. The 50 States by Wide Eyed Editions
3. Cabinet of Curiosities by Gordon Grice
4. Maps by Aleksandra Mizielinska
5. Timeline: A Visual History of Our World by Peter Goes
6. The Big Book of Bugs by Yuval Zommer
7. Natural World: A Visual Compendium of Wonders from Nature by AJ Wood and Mike Jolley
8. Beautiful Birds by Jean Roussen
9. Wild Animals of the North by Dieter Braun
10. Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World by Rachel Ignotofsky
11. Atlas of Adventures + Atlas of Animal Adventures by Rachel Williams
12. Animalium + Botanicum
13. Diary of a Time Traveler by David Long
14. The Wonder Garden by Jenny Broom
15. Nature Anatomy, Food Anatomy and Farm Anatomy by Julia Rothman
Such a great collection of books. We homeschool too and a couple of these are on our shelves as well. There, however, a few I have never heard of – excited to check them out! You can never have to many books, right!? One of our favorites it is The Way Things Work by David Macaulay. It’s a classic and was one of my husband’s favorites when he was a child. There are some newer additions out now but we have yet to update.
This is SUCH a great post Jen! I’ve been looking for something like this for my daughter Navy. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much for posting this Jen! I’m always on the look out for good books with nice pictures for my kids. I’m on my way to pick up a few, they’ll be great for the winter break.
Oh wow some great-sounding books here. Can’t believe I don’t think we’ve read any of these and they look like books my boys would love! Thanks Jen! 🙂 And Merry Christmas! XO
We don’t homeschool, but we have a serious love for books here! We own 7 of the books you listed and have plans to order at least 4-5 more on this particular list. LOVE flying eye books and wide eye editions. SUCH great design.