…stays together, right? This past weekend we headed up into Adirondack park with friends to hike all together. I never get tired of this beautiful view at the top. Lake George is just gorgeous! Can’t wait until it warms up a bit more so we can swim too. I really feel like there’s always some major family bonding that goes on when we hike all together. I hope that it’s a family tradition we can keep doing for as long the girls live near us, no matter how old they all are. Finley is starting to refuse sitting in the carrier because she has to be just like big sister Rowan. It takes A LOT longer but we’ve been letting her hike right along side us. What a trooper she is! She keeps saying things like “I got it, I got it” whenever I try to hold her hand. Little Miss Independant over there.
Summer is always such an exciting time with endless possibilities. I like to make a summer bucket list every year just to keep my thoughts all in one place. I don’t ever expect to do them all but just some fun things to consider all summer long.
2015 summer bucket list!
1. Take day trips to surrounding cute towns. Vermont is like 25 mins from us?!?!
2. A few museum trips (Clark, Eric Carle, MassMoca)
3. Let the girls get ice cream from the very persistent ice cream man that drives around our neighborhood at dinner time
4. Take a trip just Kev and I for a anniversary/babymoom type adventure (fingers crossed for Nova Scotia)
5. Ogunquit/York ME visit
6. Go camping
7. Spend some time playing at all the cool parks in NYC
8. Enjoy the town pool with friends
9. Continue with our reading skills (for Rowan) throughout the summer
10. Have bonfire with friends
11. Hike, Hike, Hike!!
12. Start a Bi-monthly friends BBQ get together.
13. Go to the Cape
14. Swim in lakes
15. Find the coolest splashpad around
16. Kayak with the girls
17. Spend time in our beloved Boston
18. Grow an awesome garden full of our favorite juicing vegetables (kale, cucumbers, chard)
19. Enjoy Saturday mornings in Troy at the farmers market
20. Teach Rowan how to go across the monkey bars, swim, and maybe ride a bike with no training wheels
21. Prepare for new baby
22. Go to an outside show/concert somewhere
23. Go to the Drive-in
24. Go to an amusement park/waterpark
25. Bring the girls to a movie in the park night and have a picnic
27. Dates with Kev
28. Figure out my issues with my dang screens for screen printing
29. Paint the outside trim and front door on the house
30. Make tie-dye shirts with the girls
31. Make a lemonade stand one day with them (Rowan has been asking me for months if she can)
32. Take lots of evening family bike rides
33. Make a pie (I have never made my own pie before, a crisp yes but not a pie)
34. Relearn how to play chess
35. Bring the girls and Kev to the Canadian National Exhibition
36. Easy, yummy meals on BBQ most nights
37. Potty train Finley (ugh!)
38. An overnight trip with my lady friends
39. Paint the girls bathroom
40. Whatever we do, just have fun and enjoy each others company and all summer has to offer.
What’s on your summer list this year???
We’re potty-training this summer, too – our L will be 3 in a few weeks, and he’s showing lots of readiness and eagerness, but will all of that emotion actually pan out into success when it actually comes down to it? Oh, I hope so. xoxo
I love this idea! I think i will also make a summer bucket list. Great idea!
I love this list, and as much as I’m loving the cold-weather change and the break from the blistering heat of the Australian summer… this kind of makes me want it back!
Hooray for Nova Scotia making your bucket list! It’s a beautiful province with so much to see. If you need any recommendations I’d be happy to help and also I also airbnb my apartment in downtown Halifax if you’re in need.
41. Take a trip to Philadelphia.
Optional, but suggested.
My bucket list is….to follow this one! Ha! Looks like you got a lot covered! I’ve commented before that I live south of Albany in Hudson, but being still relatively new to the area I am looking forward to hearing about some of your finds in this area!
What a great idea to make a list of amazing things to do with your family! You inspired me to make my own. My biggest priority on the list: Slow down. More family dates. More family time. Less commitments. Carve out time when all 3 of us can be together. Thanks!
Love your list! And so ambitious when you’re pregnant too…way to be tough Jen! 🙂
After my five weeks in California (mostly for surf contests but hopefully sneaking in a bunch of fun) we’ll only have 3.5 weeks left of summer before school starts here in Hawaii the first of August. Agh. Not enough time!
But since we kind of have summer year round, I don’t think I will complain! 🙂 Love to you guys and keep having fun every day! aloha-
Happy to see NS on your bucket list! Feel free to email for any recommendations 🙂
Love you bucket list! If you go to Vermont y’all would LOVE Shelburne Farms, Shelburne Museum and Echo Lake Aquarium, not to mention all the cute little towns and town beaches along the lake! They all are in the Burlington VT area (my home town!), just a quick drive from the capital region (my current residence 🙂 You can even take the ferry across from Plattsburgh. So much fun!!
Vermont is awesome and is full of adorable and charming towns, enjoy!