Remember these posts? Ha. It’s been a while. I really liked writing them each week and hope to post them more often. I write about my parenting ups & downs not to focus on the negative aspects, but to share how even in down moments of life there are always ups! The high times almost always over power the low moments. Together we can find solidarity in each others struggles and triumphs!
MY WEEKLY UPS:
1. Rowan is out of control funny lately. She is just constantly talking about things! The funny things she comes up with crack me up. I love hearing her little mannerisms emerge and how she says words. For example she calls a “bee” a “buzz buzz”, too funny right? She was making me laugh the other night when I tied a swaddle blanket around her neck and “Super Rowan” emerged.
2. The relationship between Rowan and Finley really is amazing. It kind of makes me want to have a million more kids. Rowan is so sweet to Finley, I truly think she loves her. Rowan is pretty much the only one that can consistently make Finley laugh (like a laugh out loud giggle)- holy cow that makes my heart melt.
3. I am not going to lie, hearing people say that Finley is a Mommy’s girl is pretty much the best thing ever. Not only does she look just like me, but she is pretty obsessed with me too. I love it. I love that no matter who is holding her, she always scans the room for me. Ha! Is that selfish? Rowan was always a Daddy’s girl, so I am going to enjoy this mommy love.
MY WEEKLY DOWNS:
1. Rowan has always been a good sleeper. We have had our struggles for sure, but nothing that a night or two of sleep training couldn’t fix. Finley has been an awesome sleeper too. I think we have taken it for granted because for the last month each one of them has on average been up a minimum of 2 times a night. I swear we sleep no longer than an hour at a time before someone else wakes up. I am pretty sure we are slowly going crazy. If it’s not one of them than its the other. I wake up like a zombie every morning. I know it’s just a stage and this too will pass but good golly I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.
2. The foot stomp. Oh Rowan. What you think you are accomplishing with that little foot stomp is beyond me. But you sure like to show you are mad with it. We are trying to work on expressing our feelings in a different way. We don’t tolerate being rude around here.
3. Teething. Why, oh why can’t it last one day and be done? Poor sweet Finley just got her first 2 teeth. They popped through one night and we finally realized why we weren’t allowed to put her down for the past week.
Super Rowan is so freakin’ adorable!
I love Rowan’s cape!
Oh I am cracking up! Great photos, first of allâ€¦
But Rowan is so funny, and so full of personality. I ONLY WISH Levi would foot stomp only and not throw all-out tantrums! She is better than most her age, I guarantee it!
Love how they talk, and yes now I wish I had a million too. Except I’m way too tired to really think about that! haha.
It’s amazing what you can learn from a child with only observe. I sleep very well so we sleep very well and Alejandro Candela except expeciones also, so mom and dad sleep well. Everything happens has not. And what of the teeth thus leaving poor little cost. Alexander have fallen three. Kisses and happy Tuesday.
Rowan is so cute with that cape.
Oh that foot stomp – one of the boys i used to watch did that too.
We just found out we’re having another girl—22 months apart from our first. I desperately wanted a boy, but with each day I get more and more excited for sisters. The connection between Rowan and Finley is making me REALLY excited! Thanks for sharing as always. 🙂
oh I hear you! teething!!! is the worst!
this photos are super cute!
thanks for sharing this 🙂
Love those pictures 🙂
My 7 month old has never been a great sleeper – I can’t even imagine how crazy it must be at times to have a second child. I sympathize. But as you say, it’s a phase, and it will surely pass.
I really love these posts! It is so refreshing to hear about the good and the bad of parenting. My husband and I are expecting our first baby(a girl!) this fall.
Sorry to hear about the lack and sleep, that is such a big one! Hopefully you can get some extra help, so you have a chance to get a nap.
Those pictures of Rowan melt my heart – what a sweet super hero! I really enjoyed this post and I hope write more. It’s nice to read about another mom’s highs and lows. We’ve gone through the up all night stage before too; you are not alone in feeling like your about to go crazy. Hoping it passes soon.
I love these posts! Our girls are around the same age so I can totally relate or commiserate with a couple of the ups and downs. Having two is such a joy! So funny that your oldest was a daddys girl, mine was, too, and our youngest is absolutely obsessed with Mommy! I am loving it so much!
Aren’t toddlers the funniest? Oh boy the things that Tuesday comes up with! Quite the imagination this one. However, we’ve started a phase where she also comes up with lies. I think that’s the hardest thing, trying to explain to her that even though you’re not physically hitting someone, lies are hurtful.
I’m so happy that you’ve got your Mommy’s girl. I saw the picture you posted of a side by side comparison, and boy she looks exactly like you did! So great.
Hope you guys are enjoying your summer!
These posts of weekly ups and downs are some of my favorites of yours. I love buzz buzz for bees-that is supercute!
Super Rowan is super cute. Of course you know this.
I wish the foot stomp was our anger tell. We get a mini Hulk with ropey neck muscles.
I really appreciate these parenting posts. It helps me feel like I am not the only one with ups and downs! And those pictures of Rowan are so charming, definitely memory makers 🙂
Oh I’ve missed these posts too!!! I’m delighted to read one again:)
It’s so true weeks are full of ups and downs! It’s good to vent out the lows and focus on the highs! And yes with kids there are many lows and many highs! Some weeks balance more than others:)
I love the pics of Rowan in the super hero cape!!! My oldest 3 love to do that too!!:) and funny words are the best!
As for sleep, having 4 little ones I can tell you it does get better!, unless someone is sick or teething! Be thankful there is a parent for each child.. And you can take turns waking up.
Enjoy some tea and have a silly dance party with Rowan when you need a pick me up!:)
Thank you for sharing the true highs and lows of parenting! All moms are such superheroes and I love the photos of your little one being one of a kind.
Love this. Its so nice to hear about how raising to girls at such young ages is. I really like this. Its better than any parenting book out there. I love Rowan’s blonde curls, cant wait to see how Finley’s hair is going to turn out at 2.
I just love reading through your blog. Every post is just so cute or interesting! Most times they are both.
Your family is beautiful!