Every few months I find myself in a new makeup routine. It’s usually because I tried something new, really liked it and then use it over and over till I get sick of it. I like to keep things simple. Simple is fast, easy and motherhood approved.
Here are some of my current favorites…
1. Conair Instant Heat 3/4″ Curling Iron. I got a new 3/4″ curling iron and it’s the perfect size! I had a 1/2″ one which was too small and I had a 1″ one that was to big for my shorter hair after I got it cut (I am sounding very goldilocks here). This size is perfect. The conair one is cheap, works good and heats up fast.
2. Garnier Fructis: Surf Hair. I love this hair wax. I rub a very small dab in my curls after I am done curling my hair. It breaks them up a bit and makes them look just a tad bit messy. This is by far the BEST smelling product ever.
3. Burt’s Bees Natural Throat Drops. We are all sick here at our house. These are a life saver and pretty yummy too.
4. Arbonne: FC5 New Cell Scrub. The perfect face scrub to keep you feeling refreshed and clean.
5. My favorite part of my makeup routine! Rowan likes to watch as I get ready and she always wants to wear “ip-stick” too. My lovely friend Julie gave me this Rosebud Perfume Co. Strawberry Lip Balm and every morning Rowan and I put it on. I let her swipe her own little finger and put it on her lips. I put it on after I use my Joe Fresh Lip Stain of course. The cutest part? Rowan thinks it mandatory to kiss after we put it on. Love it!
6. Arbonne: FC5 Moisturizing Night CrÃ¨me. I am pretty picky about moisturizer. I don’t like it heavy and I don’t like it greasy. I LOVE this Arbonne moisturizer. It is a little bit pricey but I think it is worth it. I just use a small amount every time I get out of the shower.
7. Eye Care: I’ve been wearing only mascara and some light eyeliner lately. I really love COVERGIRL Lashblast 24 Hour Mascara. I can’t bring myself to pay a butt load for mascara and I think this does a good job for the drugstore. I also love Radiant Cosmetic eyeliner and for the perfect cat eye, Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eyeliner Pen .
8. Burt’s Bees: Mama Bee Belly Butter. Your belly gets so itchy when you are pregnant. Stupid stretching skin. I love this Belly Butter. It is perfect for after the shower or whenever really. Let’s hope it keeps the stretch marks away!
Too cute that Rowan likes to give kisses after putting on the strawberry gloss. I have that stuff too. I keep it by my bedside table and use it every night. It really works great and smells soooo goooood!
I’ve been using Weleda Stretchmark Oil. I’ve heard great things about it – at least I don’t know any woman that has used it during pregnancy but still got stretchmarks. I’m hoping it’ll work for me too, my belly started growing at a record pace about a week ago. I put it on before going to bed and after taking a shower.
I used the Burt’s Bees Mama Bee belly butter (say that 3 times fast!) when I was pregnant and LOVED it! And not one stretch mark for having a 9 pound baby!
i think i’m going to check out those throat drops! i’ve been fighting a sore throat here for a couple days.