1. Rowan has gotten really good at sensing peoples emotions or what’s going on in a situation. It is so dang cute when she thinks you are upset and gets really concerned and kisses you. She is always so “oh no” in this really concerned way when she thinks something wrong is happening. It just kills me.
2. This kid loves to dance. There are instant break out dance parties in our house all the time. Rowan has got the moves. She was in heaven the other week in Downtown Disney when there was an actual kid dance party with a dj and everything. Her hips start moving, her arms going up and she gets so excited.
3. I am really proud of how tough she is. This may be a silly thing to be proud of but Rowan is no baby. Of course, I wouldn’t care if she was but I just think it is so fitting to her personality to be a tough go get ’em little girl. When she falls she gets right back up, she is not afraid of things (well most things- wait till our Disney post), and she honestly hardly cries over anything involving getting hurt.
Oh boy! Have I been saving some dooseys. Let’s just give this weeks downs a theme: Poop!
1. Think about how lovely it would be to wake up to your sweet little baby calling your name only to go in and find that she has taken off all her clothes including her wait for it… poop diaper. She has then smooshed it into the corner and is standing there waiting for you to take her out. As soon as Kev opened the door she let us know in her cute little voice… “poop”
2. After I gave Rowan a bath the other day, I let her run around naked for a minute while I put away some laundry. I walked into our closet to see her hunched over with her hands straight in the air saying “Oh Nooo” in a very concerned way. I realized she had something all over her hands. Then I realized she had poop all over her hands. Ugh! I did a quick scan and realized she had pooped in my shoe and had stuck her hand in it and was now very upset over what had happened. I scooped her up under her armpits to bring her back into her bathroom. I was about to stick her back in the tub (I hadn’t drained the water yet) when it dawned on me that was totally gross. I didn’t want her floating around in poop water. I then scooped her back up and brought her into our bathroom because we have a shower with a detachable shower head. By now she is very upset and me standing her in the shower and spraying her with the shower head made her 10x worse. She is screaming, crying begging for me to pick her up. I am now drenched with spayed poop water and am trying to be quick, water is going everywhere. It was quite a disaster. Oh Poop! You won this battle but I won’t let you win in the end.
3. Sharing with friends. ‘nough said. How do you handle sharing with your kids/kids friends.
oh my gosh. i cannot stop laughing. You poor thing!!! in your shoe!!!! I die!! If it makes you feel better – those gross poopy situations have happened in some way shape or form to all parents – dont worry hun, you are not alone!! Doesn’t stop it from being pretty upsetting at the time though hey?? hehe
i think the worst one i’ve heard was our pastor back in the US – he had twins. And one day woke up to hear them both giggling, when he went in their room they had both taken their diapers off and were slinging poop at each other. Like wow. I don’t know if i’d laugh or cry!! hehe
Anyway, so excited little Rowan is growing up to be such a sweetie!! miss you hun! XOXO
oh dear! My daughter poops in the shower every morning without fail, no matter what time I take her in. I have such a hard time coming to terms with having to pick it up.
I struggle to pick up my dog’s poop at the dog park. You are clearly a champion.
oh so this is what i get to look forward to! Rowan is so adorable!!
Just rest in the fact that this is normal behavior. I have heard so many stories this week of people I know and their toddlers playing with poop. But I know that doesn’t make it any easier when you’re standing there bewildered that she just pooped in your shoe. I do not even know what I would have done in that situation. Probably cried, and then laughed when I was telling the husband about it later. You’re a star for quick thinking though.
The question is… did you save the shoe or just cut your losses and toss it?
This post made me laugh and think “I’ve been there too”. A piece of advise for you on this subject, always and I mean always check the laundry basket before you wash her laundry. One time my son took off his poop diaper and threw it in the laundry basket. Unknowingly, I washed all of his laundry, poop diaper included! I ended up having to clean out the washer and rewash the clothes. It was so gross. So always check the laundry basket!
This is so funny! I understand because my I watch my niece a lot and she will be turning 2 in July. I remember when she learned how to take off her poopie diaper as well, so gross, but funny at the same time!
Oh no! Poop can be the worst some times. Between the cat and kittens and the kids, most days I have just HAD ENOUGH. Hehe… That being said, most situation are hilarious in hind sight. So, there’s that.
Ahhh… sharing. That’s tough. I have no answers or bits of wisdom. It’s something we struggle with daily. I try to not make situations one-sided …. I guess what I mean is that I just try to make sure that each kid gets a decent ‘turn’ with the toys that they want to play with (assuming that sharing is an issue. cause sometimes it’s not). I’ve noticed that our kids go through phases in which they’re either great or they’re horrible with sharing. Sharing can be a hard thing for kids to learn. Our boys are 5 and 4 and they’re mostly terrible about it! Although, I will say that our 5-year-old has been much better recently. I think he’s starting to ‘get’ it.
Oh, Jen, the poop stories are too funny (although probably not at the time).
I don’t have kids, by my youngest pup, Tanner, has poop issues. Sometimes on walks he poops while walking. He doesn’t even stop . If I’m not looking, I step right in a pile of …. well, you get the point. lol.
Also another time, we had a busy day visiting my parents and playing with other dogs. Tanner was soooo tired when we got back home and he fell fast asleep on the couch. We soon noticed an awful smell that wouldn’t go away. Turns out Tanner pooped on the couch (get this) in his sleep. He was literally “pooped out” from our busy day, poor guy. lol. He didn’t even wake up as I lifted is butt to clean the mess. sheesh.
So, rest assured, you are not the only one in a smelly poop situation. (And from what the moms above say… pretty normal stuff for the kids too).
Oh my god… I work in a nursing home and those poop stories are *literally* something I encounter on a daily basis. Every time you turn around, someone has pooped everywhere and is playing in it and you get them into the shower and they become combative and you get sprayed with a fine mist of poop water. It’s so gross!
This post literally made me laugh out loud! I needed that 😉
Yes rest assured we all have our own poop stories so you aren’t alone but thank you for sharing it.
Oh noooo!! Not in your shoe!! I think I may have a worse story!! We went to the dam one beautiful hot sunny day and my son was having a grand old time playing in his swimming costume.. towards the end of the day I took him out the water and took his wet costume off.. I put him on the front seat of my husbands brand new (2nd hand) Landrover (with cloth seats) to play while I got his nappy and – yep you guessed it! In the time it took me to get a nappy and a his dry clothing he had POOPED ON THE FRONT SEAT OF MY HUSBANDS BELOVED CAR!!!! Luckily my husband had a sense of humour about it.. 🙂
Thank you so much for sharing! I am now fully prepared in case this happens to us! And, I think I’m laughing with you, not at you, as I’m sure you weren’t laughing when this all happened! The trials and tribulations of parenthood. Wouldn’t trade it for the world!
Haha! Sorry, but I was laughing out loud when I was reading your poop stories. I laugh now, but am afraid of what might be in store for me. 🙂
oh boy do i know poop well. Lil has pooped in the tub countless times while taking a bath. nothing worst than poop floating in the bath with your kid still in it. so gross!!!!