This past weekend we had such a lovely time at home (our parents home) with the most incredible weather. It made me realize how thankful I am for so many things. We played outside almost all weekend. We went on the boat, played in the sprinkler, ate amazing meals and were surround by our loved ones. That to me is what Summer is all about!
Here are some things I am thankful for…
1. Our amazing families. Rowan is a lucky little lady to have such amazing Grandparents who love her so very much (Aunties as well!). Our parents are so wonderful with her. It’s so easy to tell just how much she loves them. I know they are going to give her so many opportunities to experience new things and spoil her to death. We are very blessed.
2. The health and vibrant little personality of Rowan. We have always said Rowan has a “big” personality. She is such a ham. Seeing her outside running around enjoying life brings so much joy to our lives. We couldn’t have asked for a better fit into our family. She is adventurous, fearless and oooh so social. I love this age so much!
3. Summer! Being able to be outside over the weekend felt so good. Ahhh we loved every minute. Both of our parents have great back yards and it just confirmed how important that is to us to find in our next house. Being cooped up in this apt. is seriously getting to be the worst. I am so excited to have a deck, our bbq back and a big yard for us all to run around and play in.
4. Kev and the Dad he has become. Kevin was apprehensive about becoming a Dad before Rowan showed up, but he stepped up to the plate in more ways than I could ever have imagined. He is so good with her! From the very beginning Rowan has been a Daddy’s girl and that only goes to show just how wonderful of a Dad he is to her. He is the greatest big kid ever.
5. Running. It has been so great to get back in to training for something. My friend Lacey has been running with me and she is so fun to run beside! Our runs seem like minutes long as we chat the entire time. It has been so helpful in getting myself out of the funk I had been feeling over the past little while. Boy Oh Boy exercise is good for your mind!!
What are you Thankful for?