I signed up for another half marathon last week. It’s June 24th in Connecticut! Just over 5 weeks away. This will be my 2nd time running this particular race and my 4th half. I have been running a lot lately with my friend Lacey and we are already up to 9 miles. It always feels so good to get back into training. It helps me keep a lot of things in line like my food, sleep, exercise, and keeping a clear mind.
Whenever I start hitting longer runs on the weekend, I find myself getting into a very particular routine. I like to wear the same clothes (of course washed since the last week), eat the same food, drink the same thing, etc… Here are my most favorite items to wear and carry on all my long runs.
1. Running Belt: This is a must have for long runs.
2. Nike GPS Watch: Ok, so I don’t have this yet, but I want one ooooh so badly!
3. Nike Capri Running Pants: I HATE running in shorts. I blame it on my hips and thighs. I don’t have stick legs and I’ll be honest and say my thighs touch when I run. Talk about chaffing- ouch! I always wear a pair of capri leggings when I run.
4. Running Hat: This is a new addition. I feel super nerdy when I wear it but sometimes the sun is just so dang bright and squinting and running for 2+ hours is not fun.
5. Nike Dry-Fit Tank: I just got the coolest striped one from Dicks Sporting Goods.
6. Asics Running Shoes: I am an addict. I wont buy anything but Asics.
7. Clif Shot Blocks: Hungry and fatigue sneak up quick on long runs. The GU packs turn my stomach but these fruit chews do the trick. Plus they are 95% organic.
Are you training for any races right now?
p.s. Someone asked in the comments what my favorite sports bra was? Well, this one is hands down my favorite!