This week, we have another recipe that I found via Pinterest. I will say it again, I am obsessed. I am also obsessed with Kale, so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it.
MMMMM Vegan Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash with Kale!
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch kale, wash, stems removed, roughly chopped
1 medium sweet potato, diced into small cubes
1 1/2 vegan Italian-style sausage- sliced into rounds.
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1/2 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
2 tsp. soy sauce ( I just swirled it around the pot, exact not neccessary)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high
2. Add onions, and saute till golden.
3. Add sweet potatoes and garlic, and saute until sweet potatoes are nearly tender, stirring frequently.
4. Make a well in the center of the pan, and add sausage.
5. Cook 1-2 minutes until edges of sausage begin to brown. I flip them and cook both sides. I like them a little crispy.
6. Add kale, and saute for just a minute. Generously season with salt and pepper.
7. Stir in vegetable broth and tomatoes. Cook until kale is tender.
8. Sprinkle with chili pepper flakes, add soy sauce. Stir and remove from heat.
*recipe from Food Fitness Fresh Air
Aahh I had no idea there were recipes on pinterest?! OMG I am about to go on a pinterest recipe hunt 🙂 Thanks for sharing!!
looks delicious, and very simple too. it would be on my list for those dinners when you just don’t have the energy to cook something very complex. definitely added to my recipe book:)
I love, love Kale. I really enjoy baking mine in the oven with sea salt it’s kind of like a yummy potato chip! This looks SO good, can’t wait to try it. Yum!! xx veronika
Oh, that looks delish! Kale is one ingredient I’ve been meaning to try for ages! And oh, I’m so with you on the Pinterest recipes…there is SO much goodness on that site!! 🙂
Right up my alley!!! Yum!
yummmmmz. love kale 🙂 i will have to try this asap!
How in the world do you find time to cook with a little one! There are so many recipes I want to try and I just can’t make it happen. Envious and I love the looks of this dish.