This is probably going to be the easiest recipe I will ever post. It literally takes 5 mins. Maybe that is why I like it so much, well that and it is super tasty. I have been struggling with the desire to cook lately. I love cooking but by the end of the night now with Rowan and everything else that needs to get done, I don’t feel as motivated as I use to, to spend an hour cooking dinner.
How do you deal with making the time to cook a nice dinner as a mom?
Anyway, I have been eating bowls of this for lunch and easy dinners a lot lately. Especially after runs! It works out perfectly to fuel your body after a long hard run. I really think Kale is delicious and a super hero food. For some added protein I add some almonds or toasted pine nuts.
Instant Brown Rice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Red Pepper Flakes
Almond slices/ Pine nuts
1. Wash, stem and chop kale into medium sized pieces (some grocery stores sell kale in big bags already chopped)
2. In a large pan add a good swirl of olive oil. Add Kale. SautÃ© for about 3 mins.
3. On a separate burner, start brown rice. Follow directions on the box.
4. Add a clove of minced garlic and a little bit more oil. Sprinkle with Red pepper flakes (amount depending on how spicy you want it)
5. Mix around. SautÃ© for about a min.
6. Add a little soy sauce ( i just eye ball everything) You want it to have a good coating. Not drenched.
7. Add handful of Spinach
8. Add about 1/4 cup of water and cover pot with lid to steam kale a little bit.
9. You only need to do this about 2 mins or so. Take lid off let some water evaporate. You can add a little more soy sauce if you want.
10. Scoop rice to serving dish and top with Kale & Spinach. Drizzle with some of the liquid in pan. Top with almonds.
I am still training hard for my marathon I am down to my final long run this weekend. I have a 20 mile run this weekend and then I taper down till the marathon at the end of the month!!!
I just wanted to share this adorable video of Johanna from Whirly Bird. She signed up to be part of our LOVE 146 running team. She worked really hard and ran her race in Kentucky last weekend. THANK YOU SO MUCH JOHANNA for helping raise money for LOVE 146!!!
Read her full recap.
It’s not to late to make a difference. You can still donate to my run. Help me meet my goal of $1000. With your help we can stop child sex slavery and exploitation!!!