Here is my running schedule for week 2. It’s still not all that bad. A 4 mile long run this weekend seems like nothing in comparison to what you get up to. It is still hard though. It is hard to start back up again. It takes a few weeks to get in the groove. Everyday now is pretty tough to motivate yourself to get up and run. I make sure I go and run at the gym when there is something good on tv to watch to keep my interest. Like tonight, Erin and I watched Sex and the City. It passed the time quite well. I am really looking forward to running outside though. I am not a huge fan of treadmill running.
Here is my list of must have runners gear:
1. New Running shoes. Never get a new pair of shoes right before a race but it is good practice to get new shoes. You will be surpirsed how fast you flatten out the support if you are putting in the miles. I need a new pair desperately. You couldnt tell from the look of them, but I trained for my last marathon with them and it is time for some new support
2. A well fitting sports bra. I can’t say enough about a supportive sports bra. Worth the money.
3. A headband. haha. So 80’s I know but I like them because I guess I sweat a lot and I hate the stingy sweat getting in my eyes. It works for me. I try to keep it cute with braided pigtails. haha. I am such a dork.
4. An armband for your ipod. I hate holding on to my ipod. It cramps my arm up. I love having an armband for it.
5. A runners belt. Also not cool looking but hey! a girls got to stay hydrated right? I don’t use this till my miles start getting up over 6 miles but it comes in handy. I can fill bottles with gatorade and then use the little pouch to hold my runners gel. To bad it didnt have a jet pack on it to make me run faster.
If you are still interested in running a race for LOVE 146 this Spring/Summer and haven’t emailed me yet you still have time! Jenloveskev(at)gmail.com
We would love to have you in our runners club!