Dinners have to be sort of quick these days. I don’t really have time any more to spend hours cooking something. Rowan just wont play by herself that long, so I am always on the look out for quick, easy and delicious meals. I love my subscription to Vegetarian Times. They always rescue me with good recipes. This recipe came out of the October 2010 Issue. It was very good and I definitely make again sometime soon.
Box of Farfalle ( I used a whole wheat kind)
1 cup frozen peas
2 Tbsp. pine nuts (I ended up using more)
1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 cups of a creamy tomato soup (I used the v8 brand)
1/4 cup of half and half
2 Tbsp. dry white wine
6 Tbsp. of creamy goat cheese
1. Cook Pasta as normal. Adding peas to the water about 3 mins before pasta is ready to be strained.
2. While pasta is cooking, roast pine nuts over medium heat in another pan until toasted and fragrant. Transfer to plate and set aside.
3. In same pan saute garlic with olive oil for a min. Then stir in soup, half and half and wine. Bring to a brisk simmer. Reduce heat and gently simmer for about 3 mins or until sauce starts to thicken.
4. Add cheese. Stir while it melts into sauce.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Once pasta is done, drain with peas and then toss all together and add pine nuts.