Roasted Tofu, Veggies and Apples
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp Honey
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound extra-firm tofu, drained
Baby Carrots ( you could really use what ever veggies you prefer to the veggies part)
Red Potatoes, washed, cut into cubes
1 tablespoon Earth Balance Butter
3 apples, cored and cut into slices
1. Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2. Combine vinegar, oil, Honey, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl to make a marinade and set aside. Press tofu to remove as much liquid as possible, then cut into 8 equal slices. Pour balsamic marinade over tofu and marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Remove tofu and arrange in a shallow 9×13-inch baking dish along with carrots, potatoes and Brussel sprouts. Pour remaining marinade over tofu and vegetables, brushing to coat everything. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more. Turn the tofu and continue to bake an additional 10 minutes.
4. For the beets. Clean and cut into 1/4 and wrap in tin foil. Bake alongside tofu and veggies. In oven. You might need to start the beets before the tofu depending on how big they are. Can take up to 90 mins.
5. Meanwhile, prepare apples. Heat earth balance in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned but not mushy.
6. When cooked, serve tofu and vegetables alongside apples.
Recipe found and slightly adjusted from Wholefoods.