Maple Glazed Tofu with Asparagus and Brown Rice
Keeping up with the Maple theme of the Over the Weekend post here is our delicious Maple Flavored dinner. It was delicious and I am even pretty picky about tofu. The marinade gave the best flavor to the tofu and asparagus and I love roasting tofu and veggies- its so much better than fry it up on the stove.
I am even including a picture of Kev’s dinner which I usually never do- because ewe it has meat in it. hehe I made him some steak that I seasoned and then heated some of the marinade, thickened it a bit and poured it over top when they were done. I found the recipe here.
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon peanut oil
zest of 1 lime and a little juice
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
minced jalapeno, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
chopped roasted peanuts
1. I actually doubled the marinade for the tofu and then made a separate batch for the asparagus. I wanted a lot of left over marinade.
2. Mix the marinade together in a dish. Add tofu cubes and allow to marinate for half an hour or more.
3. Preheat oven to 450F.
4. Coat a large baking pan with non-stick spray and spread marinated tofu and asparagus in a single layer. Pour any of the remaining marinade over top.
5. Roast for about 25 minutes, or until browned as desired, flipping the tofu and asparagus over halfway through cooking.
6. Serve roasted tofu and asparagus garnished with peanuts and scallions, if desired. Serve over rice. (I picked a brown rice pilaf)
I never thought of roasting tofu. I love tofu, and usually just fry it, but this seams like a healthier way to do it. I am just a baby when it comes to cooking, I could learn alot from you.
Oh my that dinner looks great and sounds delicious. I might have to try the marinade (maybe he whole recipe) when I have the girls round mine 🙂
Looks delicious. I’m vegetarian too and my husband is a meat-eater. I had a fantastic vegetarian pregnancy and my baby was healthy. So, keep it up.
im bookmarking that recipe. it looks wonderful…and easy too! that looks like quite a steak too…that’s really nice of you to make it for your husband even though you’re not into it. did you ever have a problem with it? i’m always curious as to how couples with different eating habits interact at home. as the more culinarily-inclined one, i end up doing most of the cooking in my house, which i keep vegetarian. and i know my boyfriend wishes there was meat involved…but it’s hard to cook something without tasting it…and raw cuts of meat give me the jitters…
I tried the tofu recipe last night (paired with roasted root veggeis and brussel sprouts). IT WAS DELICIOUS!! There were no leftovers.
The recipes you share have become one of my favorite parts of your blog 🙂
ahhh, thanks for the recipe! I just became veg and my partner is a complete carnivore, this is a great marinade for tofu OR meat, it is SO hard to find anything that relates to both food types:)
My husband and I made this for dinner on Wednesday and liked it so much that we made it again for dinner on Thursday night! It’s such a delicious, filling, and healthy recipe. Thanks for sharing!