Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas
If there is one thing I love to eat, its texmex. Mmmm! Its my favorite.
So I made some quesadillas on sunday night- because I had seen a recipe for them and it sounded so yummy. I added some goya mexican rice and some homemade guacamole to the dish as well.
Black bean and corn mixture:
1 cup corn
1 cup black beans
1 jalapeno (chopped)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
1. Mix the corn, black beans, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, green onions and cilantro in a large bowl.
1/2 cup black bean salsa
1 handful cheese (grated)
1. Melt a touch of butter in a pan.
2. Place a tortilla into the pan.
3. Cover the tortilla with cheese then some of the corn and black bean mixture and top with a handful of cheese and the other tortilla.
4. Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted. (I placed a plate onto the quesadilla and flipped it from the pan to the plate and then slid it back into the pan.)
this looks yummy! do you have your recipe for your guacamole on here somewhere? xox
I think i have but here yeah go…
1 clove of crushed garlic
chopped red onion
salt and pepper
I dont know measurements because i do it all to taste- just try experimenting.
Oh yummo! I love quesadillas, its all I ever order when eating out mexican style!! Yours look fantastic Jen! I have yet to attempt a homemade guac, maybe I will give it a try.
Yum. I’ll have to try that.
what are the chances you can toss that all in the mail and ship to me to heat up? I’d like it by 1 p.m. today, please (west coast time, obvi).
Okay you have 35 minutes. Go!
This looks so great! I can’t wait to try it!
holy moly this looks so delicious. definite hankering for some quesadillas and guac right now. thanks for the recipe!