Mini “Meat” Loaves with Brown Rice Pilaf and some sauteed Asparagus!
So these mini meatloaves were one of Kev’s favorite meals but when I stopped eating meat I stopped making them because honestly I dont like fake meat. I think it taste weird and gross. I started feeling bad because I wasnt cooking them anymore when I know that Kev loves them (not that he ever said anything), so I thought I would surprise him with them. I made his obvisously with ground beef but for me I thought I would give some fake ground crumbles another try. This time I used the Morning Star brand. I hadnt used them before and you know what- they were pretty tasty!!! I def. think they will be in our mix of dinners again.
Morning Star Ground Crumbles
Pepperidge Farm Cornbeard Stuffing(or any dried bred stuffing package- just read ingredients to make sure they are vegetarian). You’ll use about half.
Sweet Chili Sauce (or BBQ sauce or Marinara its just preference)
1 Cup of Water
2 tbsp of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Near East Package of Brown Rice Pilaf
1. Preheat oven to 375Â°F. Defrost the crumble a little so you can mix them well. Mix crumbles, stuffing mix (add until there is an equal amount crumbles and stuffing- or to preference) and water until well blended. Press into 12 muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray.
2. Make indentation in center of each with back of spoon; fill evenly with sweet chili sauce.
3. Bake 35 min. or until meatloaves are done.
4. While they are cooking cook package of rice according to box.
5. In a frying pan heat olive oil and sautee up asparagus. Add salt and pepper to taste.