1. We had a major storm pass through here last night. Holy Moly! It was crazy! Tornado warnings, flash floods, hail and then a full double rainbow.
2. The town pool opened!! Yay! We got a pass this year and I can’t wait to spend all summer there. I want to try to get Rowan into some swim lessons. The next few days are going to be in the 90’s. Swimming here we come!
3. Since Finley was born, decorating and getting settled in the new house sort of took a back seat. The past month though the overwhelming urge to get things done has returned. I am trying to focus on getting one room done a month. That way it’s not too much all at one time (even though I want it all done now!)
4. I have a feeling June is going to be a really great month. We have some fun things planned this month and we also celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary! That is so exciting to me! I can’t believe how much time has passed since that http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenloveskev/3632036059/.
5. I decided the other day that I am not going to run a marathon this year. It was a hard decision but considering time and nursing and other things, I just don’t think I can do it. I will however train for a half and then run a few of those this summer and fall. Kev and I are planning on finding some cool ones we can travel too and make a fun weekend out of it, hopefully exploring some new cities. A full marathon will just have to wait till next year.
6. We are getting a trampoline this weekend! We are all so pumped about this one!! Did you have a trampoline growing up? We did and I have so many fun memories playing on it with my sisters. We use to camp out on it too.
*the dollhouse is a Barbie Dream House from the 70’s. It was a gift from a friend and Rowan is smitten
**4Moms generously gifted us the Breeze Playard and I have nothing but amazing reviews for it. It comes with us everywhere.
careful with that trampoline! I had one growing up and when i was 6 broke my ankle just doing regular jumping. A 6 year old with a cast all summer is just no fun! Plus my brothers would steal my crutches to go play “guns” and i was left to crawl around…. jerks.
I had that same dollhouse when I was young. Brings back memories! She will enjoy it!
The Breeze Playard looks awesome, does it fold up nicely? I might have to look into those, thanks for sharing!
You are a warrior without that marathon, girl! Haha! We totally had a trampoline growing up, and it was the BOMB-DIGGITY! My parents sold it the summer that I was pregnant with my first (2011), and I’m kindof devastated that they did since she (and her brother or sister on the way) would love it right now!!
I was smitten with Dream House as well. Still have it, although its stored in my parents attic, but I doubt my son will play Barbie’s with me! HA! Hope she enjoys it for years to come!
Sounds like things are going well 🙂
The weather sure has been crazy here on the East Coast. A pool sounds good righ about now with the temperature reaching up in the 90’s. I really like the shot of Rowan looking through the glass. The shaddow from the tree adds a nice effect. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.
I think in June for my also going to be a great month. We also have a lot of plans so here to enjoy. I like the photos. The dollhouse is beautiful if viewed Candela. Kisses and happy weekend.
I loved having a trampoline growing up! In the summer, we’d put the sprinklers underneath it and jump – so much fun! And super refreshing in the heat! xo
OMG. I had that dream house, and it was stolen from our storage building. How tragic! I would daydream about it throughout my childhood. If I had a daughter, I would buy one in a heartbeat, no matter the cost!
Yay for summer!! Levi also just started swim lessons.
I have some *good ideas* for your half marathon—like Hawaii! 🙂
Also–we finally got a trampoline last Christmas and it is used many times every day. You’ll love it!!
PS When you finish going through all the rooms in your house, I think you should come over and start helping me with the rooms in my house. 🙂
I love your idea of fixing one room a month. We just (today!) moved into a new house and I have this huge desire for it all to be decorated right now. But last time I rushed my decorating I hated the results. At four months pregnant though I want it done before the baby gets here. C’est la vie I will do the nursery first and then month by month do a new room–like you! Better for our budget too! Thanks for the inspiration.
Will you do a full review of the breeze? This is my ignorance, but is it suitable for sleeping, too, like a travel crib? Or just playing and hanging out?
great photos! the kids are all so cute!
love this kind of posts!
I just found your blig through a beautiful mess and I’m glad I did ’cause I love it! you have a beautiful family and great style
new follower 🙂
I had that same Barbie house! Actually, my sister had one too and I remember how fun it was to combine them both together for mega mansion! 🙂
I almost fell over seeing the Barbie Dream House! I got the same one Christmas of 85. Such happy memories.
Love the photos as usual . I think its a great idea tot each Rowan to swim, I myself did not learn how to swim until I was 11 and I learned it at the end of the summer, literally like 2 weeks before schools started, and it was the worst because I was just beginning to finally enjoy it, and then I worried I would forget while in school, but luckily in middle school I had swimming classes in gym during late fall so it worked out well. So the whole point I am making is the earlier you kiddos learn the better. Its such great joy to swim. I even wrote a poem about it.