1. I think no matter what age I become, there will always be a small part of my 20 year old self inside (well my 17-24yr old self). The one that wears lots of black, and hooded band sweatshirts that have lots of pins on them (especially of her boyfriend’s band), and drinks lots of hot tea, and sits around drawing in her sketch book and listening to music really loud. The one who would drive hours to go see her favorite band and would stay up all night long just to go on secret adventures with her favorite person. The one that snowboarded day and night and who’s walls were covered floor to ceiling with posters from transworld snowboarding and band show posters. I liked that 20 year old self because she grew up to be the 30 year old self I have become.
2. I am an obsessive planner of vacations. I LOVE to travel. I can think of nothing better than to travel around with Kev and the kids experiencing new things together. I daydream a lot about backpacking around europe, taking cross country road trips and visiting every continent. I would love it if our girls grew up being well traveled and got to experience new cultures first hand. I always just want to pick up and go…
3. I could eat candy morning, noon and night. Kale, candy and pasta. Those are my favorite foods.
4. I was going into the 5th grade when we moved from Canada to the USA and I was so afraid that I wouldn’t fit in. Before school started I thought of a thousand different things that I was sure the kids would make fun of me for. None of the things I thought of though were what they picked on me for that first day as a little nerdy 5th grader from Canada. You know what it was? I very clearly remember being introduced to the class as the “new student” and hearing a bunch of boys making fun of how I was wearing my socks.
5. There is an abandoned bridge that goes over the Mass Pike into Boston (in Framingham) that Kev and I painted all over in college (Shhh don’t tell). You can still see it from the highway going west.
I am not going to tag anyone but if you want to do your own 5 Things- Let me know so I can go read it! Or leave your 5 things in the comments below!