I’ve sat down to write a handful of different posts in the last week and time and time again I’ve stuck them in my drafts folder. I’ve wanted to share so much about motherhood and adjusting to having 2 but everything I’ve written just hasn’t seemed right. I can’t get the words out. Hence, the silence. My mind has been else where. We got some pretty devastating news last week and my heart has just felt broken. It has put a lot of things in perspective. Things that I would have wanted to say last week are seen in a different light now. So tonight even though I don’t have the words to say all that I want, I want to leave you with some moments that really have meant the world to me this past week. In the end it’s really about the small things in life anyways, right?
1. Putting Rowan to bed tonight- we spend like 15 mins laughing with each other as we tickled each others cheeks with our eyelashes. She thought it was about the funniest thing ever.
2. Listening to Rowan sing the Yo Gabba Gabba song “don’t be afraid” to Finley when she cries. Or when she tells her “don’t worry baby Finley, Mommy is right here.”
3. Friends that are really there to “do life” with you. That no matter what they have going on, that they are there to help, love, and have fun.
4. God’s grace. That in the midst of a storm he is there to comfort and give peace.
5. Texts from Kev telling me how much he misses us during the day and random calls asking if we want to meet up for an unexpected lunch.
6. Rowan coming up to me throughout the day, giving me a big hug and saying “I Lub you Mommy.”
7. A warm cup of tea and a sweet little treat
8. Watching your little baby smile for the very first time.
9. The cutest, over the top, babbling sentences that come out of Rowan’s mouth. Oh goodness, the things she says crack me up.
10. A new sweater that feels like a giant hug.
11. These 2 girls…