1. Let me just jump up and down and yell “We did it!!” Ahh we did it. We made it through the trouble of making the switch to a big girl bed. I will honestly say it got a little scary there for a while. I was sure we would never sleep through the night again. We may have some bumps in the road ahead of us, especially with a move and a new baby, but I think the worst is behind us. Last night she fell asleep on her own without much of a fight and slept through the night until 7am when she came in to our room. We were all able to then cuddle/sleep a little more till 8am. hallelujah!
2. Rowan does this thing when she hears a noise where she stops what she is doing, cuffs her ear and say in a very perplexed way “what’s that?” It’s not as clear as that which makes it that much more endearing, but it’s probably my favorite thing ever.
3. For as busy a little girl that Rowan is, she sure loves her books. She LOVES to read. It is really the only time we can get her to sit still. She carefully studies each page, looking at every picture and pointing out things she knows how to say. We read a lot of books during the day. I love going to thrift stores (Savers are the best for this I think) and going straight for their book sections. We’ve got so many books for like .49cents. It is awesome. I know I kick myself everyday when I am picking up the 100 books off the floor but I don’t think a kid could ever have too many books.
4. I am pretty sure we have conquered the naked potty training at home. As long as she is naked from the waist down Rowan will always go number 1 and 2 on the potty. We’ve even moved on from the bjorn potty seat to a stool and real toilet (plus seat insert of course). She is really great about it. Now we just need to get her to understand that those same feelings apply when you are out wearing underwear/diaper. We aren’t there yet but it’s a good start.
1. THE WHINING! Omgosh. The whining is driving me crazy. This week has been the worst. One minute she is so good but in a split second will go to being so whining and clingy. I really hate the whining. I would take crying over whinging any day.
2. We really have to watch our tone with her. She is starting to mimic and pick up on everything we say. She does this thing now where she gets all heated and puts her hand out and yells “STOP, no Mommmy!” when I am coming to take something away from her. There is also lots of “MINE” which drives me crazy. Let’s just say there have been lots of timeouts in our house lately with her new found attitude.
PREGNANCY UPS & DOWNS (We’ll add these in here now too each week!)
1. We got to see our sweet baby girl on Monday! It was the first and probably last time we see her until she is born. I am not really in to getting lots of ultrasounds if they aren’t needed, but boy oh boy was she a cutie. Her little hands were up by her face moving around. So cute!
2. Feeling the baby move around finally. My placenta is anterior this pregnancy so I guess I may not feel her as much?
3. Smooth Move Peppermint tea. Hello! pregnant girls bff! (Just a note: I discussed and got the ok from my midwife before I even started drinking- thank you for the concern)
1. Having super low energy and patience for Rowan is really hard. Especially, when she is so, so active and in quite a toddler “terrible 2” phase. It makes me feel really guilty.
2. It is so hot and I am so sweaty. Gross
3. I am almost at the no sleeping on my belly anymore point. Eeek. I hate this part. I already can’t sleep fully on my belly, but I can do like a half and half thing still.