1. Rowan has gotten really good at sensing peoples emotions or what’s going on in a situation. It is so dang cute when she thinks you are upset and gets really concerned and kisses you. She is always so “oh no” in this really concerned way when she thinks something wrong is happening. It just kills me.
2. This kid loves to dance. There are instant break out dance parties in our house all the time. Rowan has got the moves. She was in heaven the other week in Downtown Disney when there was an actual kid dance party with a dj and everything. Her hips start moving, her arms going up and she gets so excited.
3. I am really proud of how tough she is. This may be a silly thing to be proud of but Rowan is no baby. Of course, I wouldn’t care if she was but I just think it is so fitting to her personality to be a tough go get ’em little girl. When she falls she gets right back up, she is not afraid of things (well most things- wait till our Disney post), and she honestly hardly cries over anything involving getting hurt.
Oh boy! Have I been saving some dooseys. Let’s just give this weeks downs a theme: Poop!
1. Think about how lovely it would be to wake up to your sweet little baby calling your name only to go in and find that she has taken off all her clothes including her wait for it… poop diaper. She has then smooshed it into the corner and is standing there waiting for you to take her out. As soon as Kev opened the door she let us know in her cute little voice… “poop”
2. After I gave Rowan a bath the other day, I let her run around naked for a minute while I put away some laundry. I walked into our closet to see her hunched over with her hands straight in the air saying “Oh Nooo” in a very concerned way. I realized she had something all over her hands. Then I realized she had poop all over her hands. Ugh! I did a quick scan and realized she had pooped in my shoe and had stuck her hand in it and was now very upset over what had happened. I scooped her up under her armpits to bring her back into her bathroom. I was about to stick her back in the tub (I hadn’t drained the water yet) when it dawned on me that was totally gross. I didn’t want her floating around in poop water. I then scooped her back up and brought her into our bathroom because we have a shower with a detachable shower head. By now she is very upset and me standing her in the shower and spraying her with the shower head made her 10x worse. She is screaming, crying begging for me to pick her up. I am now drenched with spayed poop water and am trying to be quick, water is going everywhere. It was quite a disaster. Oh Poop! You won this battle but I won’t let you win in the end.
3. Sharing with friends. ‘nough said. How do you handle sharing with your kids/kids friends.