1. Watching her develop friends has been such a huge joy. There is a little girl at our church that she gets along with so well. She is slightly older than Rowan and I think that’s they way Rowan likes it. It keeps her going and trying new things. I love watching them interact. They just run around following each other, laughing and having such a good time. It is really sweet. They are the best playground buddies.
2. Long bike rides together as a family have got to be one of my favorites (or walks) but bikes are just so fun. We biked 16 miles the other day and Rowan was just loving it. She sits behind me in a little seat but she can reach my back. She is always tickling me and laughing because she thinks it’s funny. I love the idea of her sitting back there with the wind in her hair (helmet) watching the world go by. So fun.
3. It’s funny how no matter how hard your day was or how frustrated you are, a single smile or giggle from your little one instantly melts you in to a big puddle. Top that with a little hug and nothing really ever seems as bad as you thought it was. Little kids have magical powers for turning bad moods around, even if they are the ones that put you in that mood
1. Going to see houses with your real estate lady alone with your toddler in houses full of other kids toys that they can’t touch, is probably the worst idea ever. I can’t blame her. I would want to play with all the new toys that I didn’t have at home. There were lots of tantrums that day.
2. This is sort of an up and down. Rowan has been stringing more and more words together to say little sentences. Some of them though are so far off from what she is saying, I have no idea what she is trying to tell me. It is so awesome to hear her try to tell me something so intently, but it is so upsetting and I feel so bad that sometime I can’t figure out what she is telling me. Yesterday, she said this sentence like 100 times over and over. She keep pointing at the door saying it. We were trying everything to figure it out. Then as we were leaving to go to the park and we passed the pool in our building we realized she was saying “I want to go to the pool.” Oh my gosh so cute but I felt terrible that it took us so long.
3. Yesterday morning was rough! Rowan feel asleep the night before at almost 1am, then woke up yesterday morning at 6am. Omgosh! She was not a happy camper. She didn’t want to be touched, she didn’t want to eat, she didn’t want to drink, she didn’t want to do anything but flap around on the floor crying and whining. Poor baby. I did actually get her back to sleep at 8:30am. It was short lived but it makes you appreciate their normal behavior a lot more when you have a glimpse of how crazy they can get. Oh little Rowan!