I had a very clear idea of what kind of necklace I wanted to wear with this pretty dress I got to wear in Texas. Modcloth had one that I really liked, but it kept selling out. I knew I wanted a mint colored necklace to contrast the pale yellow of my dress. Instead of trying to find what I was looking for, I decided to make it instead. I headed to the Michaels and bought some Sculpey and started making tons of round beads. The end product came out better than I thought. I think I might be making a bunch of different necklaces like this. All different colors. All different patterns.
1. Start with some Sculpey…http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenloveskev/6965918507/
2. Start rolling out a bunch of ball shapes…http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenloveskev/6819796344/
3. Bake them in the oven. 275 degrees for 15 mins.
4. Come up with a design for your statement necklace and start stringing. I used 3 different strings to sew all pieces together. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenloveskev/6965918963/
5. You could string beads all the way to the end or leave the string exposed and tie in a bow at the back. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenloveskev/6965918775/
Enjoy! Let me know if you make your own Sculpey bead necklace. I’d love to see!