When my sisters were in town last week, I went on a hunt for something tastey to cook them for dinner. We are all vegetarians (well sort of) and all LOVE sweet potatoes. What’s not to like right? I found this stuffed pepper recipe and knew I had to make it. It was delicious. I even had leftovers for lunch today.
3 Red Peppers
2 large sweet potato, peeled, cooked and mashed
1 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup garlic hummus
1 large carrot, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp real maple syrup
1 tsp cayenne
salt/pepper to taste
1. In a pan, sautÃ© onion, carrots and garlic with a little olive oil. About 5 mins.
2. While sautÃ©ing, roast peppers under broiler for about 5 mins.
3. In a bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, onion, carrot and garlic mixture, hummus, syrup, parsley, oj, cayenne and salt and pepper.
2. Fill up peppers with the mixture. Re-cap, stick in oven and cook at 400 degrees for about 10 mins.
3. Eat! I served ours with sauteed broccoli that had just a dash of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos on them. Yummy!