One of my most favorite people on the internet (the lovely Danielle) tagged me in her 11 Things post the other day, and just like everyone else has been saying, I normally don’t participate in things like this. However, I woke up this morning and said “why the heck not!” haha. I loved reading Danielle’s so much, I thought I would jump on in…
Here are the rules..
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.
1. I am deathly afraid of scary movies. Like, my world shatters if I see the commercials even. haha. My bother in law convinced us to watch The Exorcism of Emily Rose 7 years ago and I literally cried myself to sleep for weeks. Still to this day if I am up at 3am I freak out. That was the last scary movie I have ever watched. It is just not fun to me at all. PLEASE HOLLYWOOD STOP MAKING EXORCISM MOVIES!!
2. I am a very big dreamer. Everyday I feel like I am scheming up new ideas of things I want to accomplish, places I want to visit, and things I want to try out. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by the things I come up with, that I just lie in bed thinking about them at night instead of sleeping. The thing is though, I am not just a big dreamer. If I get an idea I have to do it. I am not someone that sits by and lets their dreams just be dreams. I have to make things happen. I can not sit still and let life pass me by.
3. I LOVE CANDY. I have a weird sweet tooth. I am a pretty healthy eater and it’s funny because my downfalls aren’t the normal ice cream, brownies, cake, cookies, cupcakes, etc. If there was a cupcake on the counter I probably wouldn’t eat it. I mean I like them but they are not an obsession. I do love candy though. That’s what gets me. I love nerds, hot tamales, strawberry laughy taffy, peanut m&m’s, carmello’s and I LOVE fruit popsicles and smoothies. In Canada when I was younger, my sisters and I were obsessed with the individual Chocolate popsicles they would sell in the convenience (Mac) stores. They are hard to find now in Canada, but they are so good. They are not a fudgsicle! Anyone know what I am talking about?
4. I am a super emotional girl. I cry a lot. haha. Not because I am sad but because everything just moves me. It can be sad, happy, exciting you name it I am probably crying. Especially now when it comes to Rowan. I am a sobbing mess.
5. When we first moved to the U.S from Canada, we had to go back up to the border one time to get some paper work done and when we got there they told my dad we weren’t allowed back in to the U.S. Something got messed up with the paper work and they wouldn’t let us go home until it was fixed. haha. As a 5th grader I thought this was awesome!!! I got to miss school for a week and go hang out at my Grandmas.
6. For some reason I have a hard time seeing myself as a mom when I am surrounded by other moms (friends are ok) but anything like playdates, or Mom’s groups make me really, really uncomfortable. I don’t know why. I think in my head I have convinced myself that everyone is looking at me thinking she it too young and that I don’t fit in. I know I am not young. I am almost 30, but I think my perception of myself around other moms is that I feel 16. It’s weird, I know.
7. I am really bad at listening to new music. I am still hanging on for dear life to my favorites from high school & college. I will embarrassingly admit there is still a heavy rotation of piebald, saves the day, jimmy eat world, (cough) (cough) dashboard, mates of state, Mirah, Silent Drive, At the Drive in going on in our house. I don’t only listen to them of course, but seeing that I graduated high school 12 years ago, I think I need to let go.
8. I am pretty obsessed with mini ponies. I mean they are mini ponies? That is just awesome. (p.s. this story about a mini pony in the Apple store is the best. I mean BEST!)
9. I am convinced that I was supposed to be born in Paris. *swoon. Hearing any kind of french jazz music I am swept off my feet dreaming of romantic nights with Kev. I think we will live there one day.
10. I once made a list of life goals when I was way younger (which ended up being kind of silly) that included things like 1. Be the fittest Grandma in the world (I made up a song that went along with that one) 2. Go Sky Diving 7 times. 3. Own a dollar store 4. Own a field of mini ponies 4. Work at a chinese food restaurant at one time in your life 5. Drive the Zamboni at a Maple Leafs game. haha. I can’t seem to remember any more.
11. I love moving. I hate the act of packing and moving but I love moving to new places. I don’t think I will ever live in the same house/area for a long period of time. We have lived in Albany now for 3 years. This has been the longest we have lived any where together. I won’t lie, it is a little hard to not want to start planning another move. We are here now for good reason so I am focusing on that. Here are a few places in my head I want to move one day… Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco, North Carolina, Arizona, Denver, Paris and New Zealand. I don’t just want to visit. I want to live there. haha. See? I am all dreaming up something!
DANIELLE’S 11 QUESTIONS…
1. If money, schooling or time was no obstacle, what career would you choose?
I would want to teach art at a college level (maybe one day still, after kids are all in school) or I would love to work for Martha Stewart in her crafts department. I want to make crafts and style photo shoots for her magazine. DREAM JOB!!!
2. What’s the one thing you look forward to every day?
Hugs and Kisses from Kev and Rowan.
3. What is your number one, all-time, favorite blog?
Eeek. I don’t think I could choose. I love so many for so many different reasons.
4. Biggest online pet peeve?
I hate, hate, hate the mean, catty, negativity that can surround blogging. If you don’t like something or someone STOP READING! If you can’t be happy for someone, then move on. Don’t drag everyone down around you by being mean.
5. What is your all-time favorite book?
I am not a big reader. I don’t have the patience for it. I would much rather be creating something. That’s just me though. I do love Art history books and old botany illustration books.
6. What would your “last meal” be?
MMMmmmmm Burrito with lots of salsa and guacamole!
7. Do you believe in love at first site?
No. I don’t. I think to have a lasting, loving marriage you need to be best friends with that person. I don’t think that is something that happens from a glance. It could be a start of something for sure but that is not love at that very moment. I really, really liked Katie’s answer on this question. I whole heartily agree with her.
8. What would your ideal Sunday morning consist of?
It would be to sleep in just a little (like till 9am), then be able to walk or bike ride to our favorite breakfast place for breakfast as a family. Then I really love going to church all together on Sundays.
9. Why do you blog?
I blog for a lot of reason but mostly I love have creative it makes me and I love, love, love the community it has created. I also love it now as a way to document our life with Rowan.
10. If you had to choose one color to wear forever, what would you pick? Black. Hands down.
11. What is your all-time favorite band? Piebald.
I tag anyone who wants to participate. Let me know in the comments if you put up a post!
I liked Danielle’s questions so much you can just answer those ones if you want to play along.