Soup season is finally here!! When I am home during the week, I have a hard time making meals for myself. I cook dinner every night because that is for both Kev and I, but when it comes to lunches, it’s hard to find the time. I love when it is cool enough to make soup. All you have to do is make a big pot and you have lunch for a week!
White Bean & Spinach Soup with Sausage (the fake kind!)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
3 ribs of celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1-2 carrots, chopped
2 bay leaves
2 cans of cannellini beans, or navy beans
1 liter of Organic veggie stock.
Large handful of fresh Spinach
Large Handful of Chopped Kale
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 Italian Sausage (fake kind), Sliced (could make it with Chorizo for non vegetarian kind)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In large Pot, heat oil and sautÃ© celery, carrots and onion until softened.
2. Add bay leaves, stock, beans, salt and pepper and simmer all together for about 10 mins.
3. Meanwhile, in a shallow frying pan sautÃ© oil, garlic and sausage until golden brown.
4. In large pot, add sausage, garlic, spinach and kale. Mix all together and cook till greens are wilted. About 5 mins.
5. Serve Hot and with some warm crusty bread!