This will be the most delicious black bean soup you will ever make. It is so freakin’ good. I would eat it every day if I could! Perfect for these cooler fall temperatures that are starting to settling around New England. Mmmmmmmmmm!
1 tsp Ex Olive Oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
Red Pepper Flakes
2 cups Vegetable broth
3 cans (15.5 oz each) Black Beans, undrained
1 can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomatoes (I used the Green chillies kind)
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, diced 1/2-inch
2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp Cocoa Mix
2 Tbsp Honey
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in medium stockpot on medium-high.
2. Add peppers & onions and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, 3-4 min until soft, but not browned.
3. Add broth, beans and liquid, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, vinegar, garlic, cocoa powder, honey, chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on low, uncovered, 25-30 min or until beans are tender.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with some cornbread! Mmmmm!
Original recipe found here.