When we went to Paris, I packed a lot of dresses and flat sandals. Dresses are a super easy and cute way to pack for a trip. They are a no fuss kind of outfit. This dress was perfect. I kept the styling really simple because of the cut out back and cute buttons on the shoulder. I let the details do the talking.
Coy in Crimson Dress: c/o Modclothairbnb. I love that website! The timing wasn’t right for our stay, but I would definitely use it next time if I planned better.
2. We did however stay at The Grand Hotel Saint Michel and I can’t say enough good things about it. Super modern, good size room, comfy bed, free internet, awesome bathroom. The best part by far was that we had a balcony in our room. We sat out there every night, chatting, drinking wine and eating pistachios. It was in a great location too!
3. Go with an idea of things you may want to do, but do not go with an itinerary. I feel like that defeats the purpose of Paris. Wake up each day and see what the day unfolds. Let plans change based on where you are, what you feel like doing or your mood that day.
4. Walk! Walk! Walk! We walked everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE. Some of my favorite moments where walking back to our hotel after we had missed the last metro. We saw so much more of the city that we would have missed, if we had taken the bus or the metro everywhere. When you don’t have an itinerary than you have the time to walk and take things slow.
5. Stay away from all the touristy things. Go see the monuments of course but don’t get sucked up in all the gimmicky tourist crap. Experience the real Culture.
6. Explore the neighborhoods of Montmartre and Le Marais. So cute!
7. Take this bike tour, if you are going to do one sight seeing tour. It is awesome!! Someone recommended it to us and it the best advice we got. We took it at the beginning of our trip so we would know where to go back and explore the rest of the trip.
8. Go ride bikes around the gardens of Versailles (you don’t have to pay to go inside)!
9. HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF PICNICS!!!
10. Stay up late and experience the city at night. I think we went to bed every night at like 3am.