This week, we have another recipe that I found via Pinterest. I will say it again, I am obsessed. I am also obsessed with Kale, so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it.
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch kale, wash, stems removed, roughly chopped
1 medium sweet potato, diced into small cubes
1 1/2 vegan Italian-style sausage- sliced into rounds.
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1/2 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
2 tsp. soy sauce ( I just swirled it around the pot, exact not neccessary)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high
2. Add onions, and saute till golden.
3. Add sweet potatoes and garlic, and saute until sweet potatoes are nearly tender, stirring frequently.
4. Make a well in the center of the pan, and add sausage.
5. Cook 1-2 minutes until edges of sausage begin to brown. I flip them and cook both sides. I like them a little crispy.
6. Add kale, and saute for just a minute. Generously season with salt and pepper.
7. Stir in vegetable broth and tomatoes. Cook until kale is tender.
8. Sprinkle with chili pepper flakes, add soy sauce. Stir and remove from heat.
*recipe from Food Fitness Fresh Air