I am sitting on the couch right now after finding out some really terrible news about some dear friends of ours. Their little boy, who is only a month older than Rowan has been diagnosed with something very serious. I feel paralyzed thinking about how precious life is. How unfair things can feel and how, in an instant everything can change. My hair is a mess, I haven’t really gotten dressed yet and everything I was so worried about getting done today seems so trivial.
I just put Rowan down for her nap. I didn’t bring my phone in with me today. I usually am mulit-tasking to try to catch up on everything as I feed her. Today, I wanted to be there with her in the moment. I rocked her to sleep and just cried and prayed for so many things. I sat there cuddling her, loving her and thinking about all the things we take for granted.
I made a list in my head of some of my most loved things about Rowan. I wanted to share them so I will always remember them. Life gets very busy and sometimes the small things slip thru the cracks. I really want to be able to focus on the small things. To focus on love, to encourage others and to make the most out of each day.
1. I love that Rowan is starting to have long enough hair, that she has little curls growing at the back.
2. I love the smile she gives when she is kinda confused or unsure. It’s this scrunched up face, showing off all her teeth.
3. I love the way she yells Dada when Kev walks in the door.
4. I love how excited she gets when looking at photographs of family.
5. I love the ear piecing, high pitched squeal she does.
6. I love her Beavis and Butthead laugh she has.
7. I love how you can tell she loves new adventures. New places, new faces, this little girl just loves being out and about.
8. I love that when she falls asleep on you and she tucks her arms up underneath her.
9. I love that she tries to get from one object to the next without holding on. She can’t walk yet, but she gets her legs going and hopes she can make it to the next object before she fall down.
10. I love how she points and says, “oooooh” at everything. Her little pointer finger cracks me up. We are always joking that she is saying, “just one thing guys.”
11. I love when she waves right at the right time.
12. I love her extra cubby little baby feet, that don’t fit into any baby shoes.
13. I love listening to her entertain herself in the car.
14. I love the open mouth, slobbery kisses that she gives.
15. and finally I love how much she is going to be a little daddy’s girl.