I guess I can’t consider this a real Last Nights Dinner Post, although I am A Ok with eating cupcakes for dinner. We had a Mexican Fiesta Birthday party last weekend and oh man I ate so much. Mexican food is by far my favorite. Anyways, my lady friends and I were looking for an interesting cupcake recipe to make and Erin came across this one. It was perfect. We knew the boys at the party would love them.
We handmade all the tiny mustache picks for them and used some left over cupcake liners from our baby shower. They really weren’t all that hard to make and they came out super delicious.
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
1 cup Guinness
1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sour cream
Ingredients for the frosting:
2-3 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 cup room-temperature, unsalted butter
3 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
Make the cupcakes:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the butter into chunks. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, bring the butter and Guinness to a simmer.
3. While the butter melts, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. When the butter and Guinness start simmering remove from heat, add the cocoa and whisk together until smooth. Allow this mixture to cool for a few minutes.
4. While you wait for the butter, Guinness, chocolate mixture to cool, mix the eggs and sour cream with an electric beater until smooth. Pour in the butter, Guinness, chocolate mixture, and mix until just combined.
5. Pour this into the previously whisked flour mixture. Stir until combined.
6. Put paper liners in a cupcake tray. Fill the cups 3/4 full of batter and bake for 20 mins or until a clean toothpick comes out.
1. Put butter into a bowl.
2. With an electric beater, whip the butter until itâ€™s light and fluffy.
3. Slowly add 3 cups of the powdered sugar, a little bit at a time.
4. Add 3 tablespoons of the Baileys.
5. Add more powdered sugar if the Baileys made it too runny