I knew that when I posted a blog post where I was asking for peoples opinions on my blog I would have to toughen up my skin a little before I read thru them all. I very much appreciated all the comments and I did read thru all of them (haha so did my mom), but I will be honest and say it was hard not to get defensive over things. Not because anyone was mean, but because it’s hard to hear things people don’t like about you/your blog. Over all it was very helpful for me to learn a few things…
1. You can’t please everyone. No matter what you do there is always going to be someone who wished it was different. I would have someone say they didn’t like seeing posts about Rowan (those ones stung the most. I am a proud momma) and then in the very next comment someone would say they wanted to see more Rowan posts. Some liked recipes, some didn’t, etc. etc… For every one who didn’t like something, there was someone who did.
2. I started this blog for me. I write this blog for me and I have to remember that. I love sharing my life with everyone and I am so honored that you guys like to read it, but I wouldn’t be very truthful if I went about writing posts trying to please everyone. I have to stay true to who I am and what I like. So, yes, I will take everyones comments into consideration but at the end of the day I am going to continue doing what makes me happy.
-I will continue doing daily style files. That is a huge passion for me. I love it. It’s why I started this blog. I wont be able to do it everyday now with Rowan but it will still make up most of my blog.
-I will continue doing Last Nights Dinner post. I love cooking. I love being a vegetarian and I love sharing healthy ways for people to eat dinner. It is something I have been posting about for 2 years and I will continue to write about it. Yes, lots of people post pictures of food, but I don’t care. I have never just had a fashion blog with random food posts. I have always had a lifestyle blog where I share passions in my life. Cooking and being healthy is a big part of that.
-Rowan will always be a part of this blog. She is my biggest passion in life. I always hope I can share my experiences with people so that even someone half way across the world might feel like, “Hey, I am not the only one going thru this.” Maybe you are not at the stage of having kids, but one day maybe you will and I hope then maybe you will check back and like the posts about Rowan and being a new Mom. I am an open and honest person and I enjoy writing about this new stage of life I am going thru.
4. I will be handling sponsor posts in a whole new way. I totally agree with all your input so Thank you!
5. There will not be a schedule anymore. Yes, there will be regular posts you will see each week, but I do think that trying to stick to a strict posting schedule leads to a very stressed momma. I think I have gotten pretty good at keeping up on all my posting, so I don’t want to limit myself to what I feel like posting about each day.
6. The new blog design will DEFINITELY have a better search function and categories to find posts easily. That has always been my biggest pet peeve about my site. Now I just need to convince Kev to design me a new site sometime soon. (Looove. yoooou.)
7. I will definitely be trying to post more about our home decor, my art and try to do some craft tutorials. I do all that stuff already, I just have to get better about posting it. It’s hard putting your artwork out there. Art is very personal and I get nervous to share it sometimes, even though I enjoy sharing it.
8. I chose the picture above for this post to remind myself what is most important in my life. Not that I forget but everything I do is because of them. Those 2 are my world and I love them with every ounce of my being. They make me want to be a better women, wife and mother. This blog is really just a journey in all of that.
Thank you all for reading this journey!
* I just want to add that I did not think any ones comments in the survey were particularly mean. Please don’t feel bad for leaving me a survey comment. I really appreciated them all. Everyone it entitled to their opinions. These were just my general thoughts afterwards. I am not upset at anyone.