I don’t know about where you are from, but around upstate NY it has been gray out for days!! Its def. effecting my mood, my fashion and my eating. Yesterday all I really wanted to do was curl up, watch movies and eat soup. Well, I didn’t watch any movies but I did make some soup. I couldn’t resist when I saw this recipe in the latest Vegetarian Times magazine.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Apple, Carrots and Tarragon
and some warm homemade Corn Bread
5 cups chopped cauliflower
1 1/2 cups of unsweetened apple juice (or I used an apple carrot juice)
1 1/4 cups of veggie broth
1 small onion diced
1/2 tsp. group coriander
2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
1 pinch ground turmeric
1. Bring cauliflower, juice, broth, onion and coriander to a boil. Cover and simmer on medium for 15 mins.
2. Blend mixture in a blender with tarragon and turmeric until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Serve Hot
1 cup corn meal
1 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 400. Grease Muffin pan.
2. In large bowl mix together corn meal, flour, salt, baking soda, sugar. Add egg, oil, and milk. Stir until combined. Spoon batter into muffin pan.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 mins.
1 egg beaten