There is something really refreshing about eating a fresh tomato and Mozzarella salad and a fresh pesto sauce in the summer. My mom brought me a bunch of tomatoes from her garden when she came to visit last week so I knew exactly what I wanted to make. Such a super delicious meal for summer.
Fake Chick’n (or I made Steak for Kev)
2 cups baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup pine nuts
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/3 cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1. For the salad you just need to cut everything up and lay it on plate. I drizzled Balsamic vinegar over top of mine.
2. For pesto combine the spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a processor. Pulse. With the machine running, add 1/3 cup of the oil, blend until creamy. Add salt and pepper. Pulse.
3. Scrap pesto into a bowl and gently mix in Parm. Cheese. Add more salt and pepper if you want.
4. Cook Meat however you chose.
5. Plate with salad and spoon pesto over the chick’n.
I have some art and craft related things to share later today. So check back!