Spicy Arugula-Pistachio Pesto
So does any one shop at Hannafords? I not really sure how far reaching this supermarket is, but since we moved to NY that is where I have been shopping. I def. miss Stop and Shop a lot though. Its hard to switch grocery stores. You get use to brands and where everything is. Ok but back to Hannafords, every month they have this cooking magazine that is free if you buy $25. Its wicked nice and has great recipes in it. Anyways, I found this recipe in the last one but the pesto was to put over steak. I decided to make it a pasta dish and mix in tomatoes and avocados. Mmmm!
It was delicious and so easy to make. I love anything that has more of a Mexican flare to it.
Whole Wheat Pasta
1 clove garlic
1 jalapeno pepper
1/4 black pepper
2 cups tightly packed arugula
1/3 cup unsalted pistachios
1/2 cup of grated manchego cheese (I will say I didn’t have this and used Asiago)
3 Tsp. Fresh lime juice
3 Tsp. Extra Virgin olive oil
Small cherry tomatoes, quartered
1. Cook pasta as directed
2. meanwhile in food processor add garlic, quartered jalapeno, arugula and pistachios. Pulse a few times. Scrape down side and pulse again till blended.
3. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Pulse
4. Add olive oil and lime juice. Can add a little more of each if you want. It gets pretty thick.
5. Slice tomatoes and avocados. Set aside.
6. When you drain pasta save a little of the pasta water to help mix in pesto to make it a little more creamy.
7. Mix everything together (pasta, pesto, tomatoes, avocados) Add water as desired.
8. Serve and enjoy!