Roasted Butternut Squash with Whole Wheat Pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
4 cups butternut squash puree (about 1 large butternut squash)
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon sage (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound pasta (I used whole wheat)
A few handfuls of baby Spinach
1. Cut butternut squash in half long ways. Scoop out seeds
2. Place face down on a baking sheet. Place into a 400 degree oven for 30-60 mins, or until you can scoop insides easily with a spoon and mash.
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and saute until tender.
3. Add the garlic about 1 minute.
4. Add the butternut squash puree, cream, cheese, nutmeg, sage, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes. (If it is too thick you can add some water or milk. If it is too thin, let it simmer for a while to thicken.)
5. Meanwhile cook the pasta as directed. Before you drain the pasta place your baby spinach in the strainer and then strain your pasta over the spinach. Mix pasta and Spinach.
6. Serve. Place pasta in bowl (you can add a few more leaves of baby spinach on top. Spoon Sauce over top and sprinkle with cheese.