Maple Glazed Tofu with Asparagus and Brown Rice
Keeping up with the Maple theme of the Over the Weekend post here is our delicious Maple Flavored dinner. It was delicious and I am even pretty picky about tofu. The marinade gave the best flavor to the tofu and asparagus and I love roasting tofu and veggies- its so much better than fry it up on the stove.
I am even including a picture of Kev’s dinner which I usually never do- because ewe it has meat in it. hehe I made him some steak that I seasoned and then heated some of the marinade, thickened it a bit and poured it over top when they were done. I found the recipe here.
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon peanut oil
zest of 1 lime and a little juice
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
minced jalapeno, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
chopped roasted peanuts
1. I actually doubled the marinade for the tofu and then made a separate batch for the asparagus. I wanted a lot of left over marinade.
2. Mix the marinade together in a dish. Add tofu cubes and allow to marinate for half an hour or more.
3. Preheat oven to 450F.
4. Coat a large baking pan with non-stick spray and spread marinated tofu and asparagus in a single layer. Pour any of the remaining marinade over top.
5. Roast for about 25 minutes, or until browned as desired, flipping the tofu and asparagus over halfway through cooking.
6. Serve roasted tofu and asparagus garnished with peanuts and scallions, if desired. Serve over rice. (I picked a brown rice pilaf)