Brinner (breakfast for dinner) it’s definitely one of my favorite dinner ideas right next to anything tex-mex. On my way home from the gym last night I stopped at the grocery store to get stuff for the week. I have always tried to eat healthy but especially now since I am pregnant. Every week I try to get 3 different kinds of fruit and make sure we are eating a good amount of vegetables with dinner and snacks. Last week I got Blueberries, Clementines, and strawberries. This week I decided to get Bananas, apples and Mmm my favorite Blackberries. Then my mind starting rolling on what to make for dinner. Mmm I remembered this recipe I found in Cooking Light for Banana Cinnamon Waffles and I knew that’s what we HAD to have to dinner.
I like ice cream but I have always been a smoothie girl over ice cream. I just love fruit. So I decided to use some of the black berries to make a smoothie as well. I always keep the freezer stocked with frozen fruit to make smoothies. Let’s just say this dinner was AWESOME!!! Kev woke up this morning and even said “I just have to say dinner last night was soo good.” I think we were both wishing this morning that we could be eating the waffles again for breakfast- as I quickly chugged down a breakfast protein shake. Blah!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 large ripe banana, mashed
1. Mix flours together in a bowl. Add flaxseed, and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
2. Combine milk, butter, and eggs, stirring with a whisk; add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring until blended. Mix in mashed banana.
3. Preheat a waffle iron. Coat iron with cooking spray. Spoon in batter and cook until your desired crispiness.
4. Place on Plate and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top, banana slices, blackberries and real maple syrup.
Orange Juice (our hand pineapple juice in it as well) MMmmm!
1. Add all ingredients to blender. Blend to desired consistency. Top with Fresh blackberries.