So first off I have to say I have loved every single comment that has been left in the “A new Years coming” post! It has been great getting to know all your names and learn a little about each of you. I am gathering up all the great questions and will be answering them all thru the week. I will group them into sections of Fashion and Beauty, The Blog+photography, Kev and Me, and work.
Kev and me have some really big and exciting things happening in 2010!! We are dreaming big, so I want to share some of my Goals with you for the new year. I don’t really like calling them resolutions because I feel like those are so fleeting. No one sticks to “resolutions” well at least I don’t. I more have themes that I want to carry thru my life this year…
1. My NUMBER ONE goal this year is to de-stress my life. I do not want stress to play a major role in my day to day. This came about because of the last few month. I have been so overly stressed and I have really seen the toll it takes on my life. This means I need to:
-organize my weeks
-let the little stuff go
-realize what is most important
Stress is such a negative factor in peoples lives. I do think there is good stress but I am talking unnecessary stress. I just want to really live my life to the fullest and enjoy every moment and I don’t want it filled with negativity.
2. Enjoy more time with Kev. We are both very very busy people and this year we really really want to make time for each other. We have always made time but this year I want that to be a major priority. This again means both of us need to learn to say “No” to stuff. It also goes along with de-stressing. Its hard when months out we have things booked for every weekend and can’t see a free weekend for just us in sight. So we are trying to not have it like that this year.
3. I want to stick to a good budget.
4. I want to stop comparing myself which in turn I know will leave me more stress free. If you are a blogger you know that it is very hard putting yourself out there each day. Now it is something I love doing but it is hard not to get caught up in the whole numbers game of it. I want to stop focusing so much on how many readers, and how many comments and why this person’s better or why more people like her. This is not fair to myself or those other people. I love jenloveskev and I want it to continue to be bigger and better every day but I want my reason behind it to stay pure and for enjoyment. I don’t want it to make me doubt myself or give me stress over it. I started this blog because I love fashion and I love people. Hearing from you guys about how you can relate and hearing all your personal stories is why I love this blog. It really has nothing to do with the exact number that follow. If I still love doing it then that’s why I will continue.
5. I want to make more art. I had 2 art shows last year, one with all new art and one with some older pieces. I would like to have 2 new shows again this year but both with new art. I have tons of ideas that I am really excited about.
6. I want to focus on eating as healthy as possible. I do think I am already a pretty healthy eater but I want to do better. I def. think becoming a vegetarian has changed me over the last couple years but I really want to be conscious of everything that I put in my body.
7. I want to spend more time getting involved in my church and the things that I believe. I want to volunteer more in ways that will benefit others. I don’t know what those things are yet but I want to help people more.
8. I want to run another marathon (hopefully 2)
What are your goals for 2010?