Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas
If there is one thing I love to eat, its texmex. Mmmm! Its my favorite.
So I made some quesadillas on sunday night- because I had seen a recipe for them and it sounded so yummy. I added some goya mexican rice and some homemade guacamole to the dish as well.
Black bean and corn mixture:
1 cup corn
1 cup black beans
1 jalapeno (chopped)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
1. Mix the corn, black beans, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, green onions and cilantro in a large bowl.
1/2 cup black bean salsa
1 handful cheese (grated)
1. Melt a touch of butter in a pan.
2. Place a tortilla into the pan.
3. Cover the tortilla with cheese then some of the corn and black bean mixture and top with a handful of cheese and the other tortilla.
4. Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted. (I placed a plate onto the quesadilla and flipped it from the pan to the plate and then slid it back into the pan.)