Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
So I found this recipe a little while ago and have been dying to try it out! I have a major food crush on pineapple and any recipe that involves it. It cooks very quickly- the longest part is just getting everything chopped and ready to go. I was also excited to use the wok Kev bought me- I love that thing! Anyways, when we sat down to eat it, we both thought it was amazingly delicious. I, of course cooked chicken to put on top top Kev’s and I had it just plain with veggies. You could also cook shrimp for it if you eat seafood. It was such a great use of flavors from the curry, currants, pineapple, peas, cilantro, etc… it all worked together so well!!
1 tablespoon oil
2 shallots (chopped)
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 red chili (chopped)
1 red pepper (diced)
1 egg (whisked together)
3 tablespoons vegetable broth
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon curry powder ( I used Red Curry Powder)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup cashews (more if you like)
3 cups cooked Brown rice
1 cup pineapple chunks (Fresh or Canned)
1 cup baby corn cobs (haha do those have another name?)
1/4 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup currants (so delicious!)
2 green onions (sliced)
1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the shallots, garlic, chillies and red pepper, corncobs and stir-fry about a minute.
3. Add the egg and stir-fry for a minute.
4. Add the veggie stock, soy sauce, curry powder and sugar and stir-fry.
5. Add the cashews and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
6. Add the rice and stir-fry for a few minutes.
7. Add the pineapple, peas and raisins and stir-fry to mix them in until peas are cooked thru (if using frozen)
8. Stir in a pinch of cut up cilantro- stir thru
8. Remove from heat and serve garnished with chopped green onions and remaining cilantro.